Want to #RunWildBuildPassive with us?
We’re always on the lookout for folks who can jump right in and make themselves useful. Check below for current job openings. If there are no specific positions listed, just get in touch below and tell us why we need you! Please email your resume/CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Emu Nest Manager
Executive Assistant & Office Manager
(our Chief Emu’s local Colorado get-it-done person)
Posted October 29, 2022. Valid until position filled.
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO & Colorado Office Manager
Pay Range: $25-$35/hour, depending on experience. 10-15 hr/week to start (flexible). Full time salaried position available to the right candidate after a trial period.
Location: Ft. Collins, Colorado
Job Description: In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which require the ability to proactively create order and organization. We are looking for a person who is detail-oriented, highly productive, and can act as a consistent and reliable anchor to support our busy CEO. The ideal candidate will be able to work efficiently and accurately, with a positive attitude and effective communication skills. While some of the work will be behind-the-scenes administration requiring a high level of computer and software literacy, there will also be front-facing customer interactions which require a person who is a good match for representing our company culture and brand. This position will involve some in-office hours at our office in Ft. Collins, CO, but has some ability for remote work as well. There may be travel involved in the future.
- Assist the CEO in creating procedures and policies for company growth, including checklists and instructions for Word, Excel, Asana, HubSpot, Slack, Dropbox, G-Suite, Canva, Zoom, WordPress, and Thinkific LMS (to name a few).
- Work closely with the Emu Training Tech and other remote Emus to maintain company culture and communication.
- Manage the CEO’s email, as well as the company Info account. This includes doing a primary screening of all incoming emails, responding where appropriate, and organizing for priority and urgency responses from other team members.
- Cleaning, organizing, and maintaining our CRM (HubSpot) and related automations.
- Maintaining a clean, tidy, and organized office. This includes filing of both digital and physical files, processing the mail, organizing shipments, watering the plants, etc.
- Manage the Executive and Company Calendars, including scheduling across multiple time zones and confirming logistics and agendas.
- Proactively tackle problems as they arrive with grace and humor.
Assist with event planning for both Emu and the various volunteer organizations with which our CEO is involved.
- Build and nurture relationships with counterparts at key Emu partners.
- Audit and revise outgoing communications, proposals, etc, to be in line with the Emu branding package and identity.
- Potentially travel in the future for additional admin support to the CEO
- 5+ years of executive support experience or equivalent application of skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and a love for making things organized
- Advanced writing and communication abilities, an eye for graphics a plus
- Maturity and discretion in handling private and sensitive materials
- Positive mindset and interest in self-improvement
- Ability to handle last-minute changes and complex plans
- Familiarity with an extensive tech stack (see list above in Responsibilities)
- Ability to pick up new processes, programs, etc, quickly
- Patience, humor, and humble confidence
Mob Sales Lead
Sales & Service Representative
(brand ambassador and sales rep for incoming wild Emus)
Posted September 19, 2023. Valid until position filled.
Job Title: Sales & Service Representative
Employment Type And Compensation:
- Full time position, with 3 months trial period
- Remote work for individuals who reside in Colorado or New York
- Travel within the U.S. is required.
- $36,000 base pay yet can earn a higher % of commission resulting in $80,000-$120,000 annually depending on performance.
*Excellent growth of the company sales will be compensated accordingly, commission details to be discussed during the interview process.
In this role, you will bring Passive House and the latest building science to the mainstream construction market. You’ll do this by interfacing with builders, architects, developers and homeowners to understand their requirements and promote the sale of Emu’s products to best meet their sustainable needs.
- Build a sales strategy and meet or exceed quarterly goals and sales quotas
- Proactively identify, contact, and nurture customer leads for Emu’s training and consulting services, such as identifying prospective customers, using business directories, cold calling, participating in Emu events and /or tradeshows and conferences
- Present information and educate customers about the energy efficiency or environmental impact of Emu’s services
- Respond to requests in a timely manner with technical support and clear boundaries to client requests in a professional manner, maintaining relationships.
- Collaborate with colleagues in a team setting to exchange information, such as selling strategies and/or marketing information
- Expand your knowledge about Passive House and learn about specific needs for sustainability in the building industry
What Makes You Stand Out?
- A drive toward teamwork in growing a company from the ground up
- On-site construction experience is always a plus
What Is In It For You?
- Our benefit package is largely determined by our team decisions, but we strive to assist employees in health care, paid time off, and more.
- A passion for sustainability
- 2+ years of sales experience in construction industry
- Ambitious and loves to achieve goals but can determine clear priorities
- Customer focus; excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player
- Maturity and discretion in handling private and sensitive materials
- Computer literacy and own computer, incl. Microsoft Office package
- Emu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Starting with just a couple of projects in Cavriago, Italy in 2009, we have invested a lot of time and heart into our company. We are constantly challenging ourselves to learn about new building science, design + construction methods, and innovative products.
We believe in the widely used maxim, ‘think globally, act locally’ an idea which we hope to bring to our practice through the study of international and local environmental and architectural conditions.
As such, we have been able to grow our client base, our platform of knowledge, and our international experience. We opened an office in Denver, CO, USA, in 2016, and we are constantly growing and changing with this complicated and exciting industry.
Our mission is to close the gap between mainstream construction practices and advanced, proven building science, and to empower our industry to build for the future and for resiliency through builder training and simple, standard, Passive systems.
We believe that building comfortable, healthy, and efficient buildings should be THE way the world builds.
General job inquiries:
For specific positions, please see instructions listed in the position description.